Someone tell me about **** Ryan.

The latest in Buckeye-related discussions, or whatever else you want to talk about. Try to be civil. Or don't.
enonbuck8
Buckhead

11 Aug 2012, 04:56 #1

It's 12:45 EST and I just got home from the restaurant.  I normally switch on MSNBC to watch "Lockup" and drink a beer before going to bed.  However, there is no "Lockup" tonight in lieu of breaking news about **** Ryan being the VP nominee.
Since I'm not a politico, I don't know **** Ryan very well.  I know he's from Wisconsin, and I know the idea is that he'll swing Midwest voters.  I could very well Google him, but I'm wondering if anyone else who is into these types of things could explain to me why he might be a good choice.  And let me be clear: I'm not sending this out as a challenge; I'm sending this out as a legitimate question.  I just don't know much about him.

ChicJanowicz2
Buckhead

11 Aug 2012, 13:25 #2

I've been watching the news shows.  Evidently he's an intellectual leader who will energize the ticket (Fox) and both a radical and hypocrite (MSNBC).  In any case the decision is bold but risky for the November election (CNN). 

hoffahawk
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 01:47 #3

ChicJanowicz2 wrote:I've been watching the news shows.  Evidently he's an intellectual leader who will energize the ticket (Fox) and both a radical and hypocrite (MSNBC).  In any case the decision is bold but risky for the November election (CNN). 

Spot on Chic, well done!!

NapalmUnbelievable
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 02:20 #4

ChicJanowicz2 wrote:I've been watching the news shows.  Evidently he's an intellectual leader who will energize the ticket (Fox) and both a radical and hypocrite (MSNBC).  In any case the decision is bold but risky for the November election (CNN). 
I could SWEAR those are word-for-word the exact same reactions those respective networks had to Sarah Palin four years ago...
"Without free speech, we'll never know who the idiots are." - Unknown

buki919
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 03:57 #5

I don't know much about him, but he's supposedly very intelligent.  I do think it was not as good a choice however as a VP running-mate for political reasons as far as Romney getting elected chances-wise though.  Wisconsin is not a significant electoral state, and Wisconsin has little weight outside it's borders.  It reminds me of George Bush Sr. choice Dan Quayle as far as his age and inexperience, but Ryan is supposedly a much stronger personality than Quayle was.  Quayle was a weak choice (he had the look but that was about it).
Republicans don't know how to get elected.  Your idiology won't matter if you don't get elected first.  Democrats in general are much wiser campaigners even if they're on the wrong path on all/most of the issues.  Democrats know how to win/get elected.  Republicans have this snobbish way of getting beyond being elected, and they're more concerned about what they're going to do after they're elected (imo) (they put the cart before the horse), and I'm a Republican saying that.  I wanted Rob Portman or even perhaps Cristie, but what do I know.  I honestly think Obama's camp is doing flips tonight over this choice.  I hope I'm wrong, and I'm not saying that Ryan is not a future star, but I don't like the idea of a younger VP from an insignificant state.  Oh well...
Last edited by buki919 on 12 Aug 2012, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.

buki919
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 04:05 #6

I thik Ryan represents the future wave thinking of the Republican party, but it was more than a bold risk because it was possibly too much of a risk.  Ryan might attract the Independent voters, sure-up the Moderate Right Wingers or perhaps attract the less Liberal Left Wing.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 04:10 #7

buki919 wrote:I don't know much about him, but he's supposedly very intelligent.  I do think it was not as good a choice however as a VP running-mate for political reasons as far as Romney getting elected chances-wise though.  Wisconsin is not a significant electoral state, and Wisconsin has little weight outside it's borders.  It reminds me of George Bush Sr. choice Dan Quayle as far as his age and inexperience, but Ryan is supposedly a much stronger personality than Quayle was.  Quayle was a weak choice (he had the look but that was about it).
Republicans don't know how to get elected.  Your idiology won't matter if you don't get elected first.  Democrats in general are much wiser campaigners even if they're on the wrong path on all/most of the issues.  Democrats know how to win/get elected.  Republicans have this snobbish way of getting beyond being elected, and they're more concerned about what they're going to do after they're elected (imo) (they put the cart before the horse), and I'm a Republican saying that.  I wanted Rob Portman or even perhaps Cristie, but what do I know.  I honestly think Obama's camp is doing flips tonight over this choice.  I hope I'm wrong, and I'm not saying that Ryan is not a future star, but I don't like the idea of a younger VP from an insignificant state.  Oh well...
Mr. buki, I guess you were on another planet in 2010. 2012 will be a larger extension than the ass kicking conservatives metted out in '10. Landslide proportions regardless of the skewed polls being put out by Quinnipiac and the news networks. In polls that matter (likely voters not registered voters) it's a Romney landslide. Ryan seals the deal with Independants and "undecideds.". Get a grip Mr. buki and stop thinking like a ****.

~ACE
"The Right is the new Center."

avluey
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 04:31 #8

ImageImage
He's a better young man than he is a football player, and he's the best football player I've ever seen. -- Woody Hayes on Archie Griffin.

buki919
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 04:43 #9

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY wrote:
buki919 wrote: I don't know much about him, but he's supposedly very intelligent.  I do think it was not as good a choice however as a VP running-mate for political reasons as far as Romney getting elected chances-wise though.  Wisconsin is not a significant electoral state, and Wisconsin has little weight outside it's borders.  It reminds me of George Bush Sr. choice Dan Quayle as far as his age and inexperience, but Ryan is supposedly a much stronger personality than Quayle was.  Quayle was a weak choice (he had the look but that was about it).
Mr. buki, I guess you were on another planet in 2010. 2012 will be a larger extension than the ass kicking conservatives metted out in '10. Landslide proportions regardless of the skewed polls being put out by Quinnipiac and the news networks. In polls that matter (likely voters not registered voters) it's a Romney landslide. Ryan seals the deal with Independants and "undecideds.". Get a grip Mr. buki and stop thinking like a ****.
~ACE
Image  Ha...
No I remember but Romney perhaps doesn't with this choice.

Hey, when tOSU hired Woody back in April of 1951 they said "Woody who"?  Boy, they had no idea what they were getting.  They were getting a volcano, tornado & earthquake all rolled up in one little did they know/more than they could handle so "you never know".

buki919
Buckhead

12 Aug 2012, 04:56 #10

Here's some more on **** Ryan from Wiki.  However, when your forced to start digging for info on someone your already in trouble (imo).  The choice should be someone who's already high profile but not someone who's going to over-power the Presidential choice personality wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Ryan